Welcome Quesbrelians ! Saturday , September 6 th

Hello there ,
I was pleased to meet you in the European class where I hope you will enjoy studying the noble subjects , History and Geography in English ! I must admit I really like teaching them and I learn such lot at the same time !
We started after the initial introduction to the course with a little exercise on the role of the artist , novelist , playwright , historian and geographer in order to make you aware that we can study or introduce certain historical or geographical facts through the literary forms . You must realise , of course that artistic work is an interpretation whereas historical or geographical documents should be more objective !

Your homework is to summarise your ideas on this subject .

You should also be ready for your evaluation on one of the following topics ,namely
John Dowland , Hogarth , Stonehenge , Henry V111 and Cromwell . Don't forget to view the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood . We will be using this film when we treat the Crusades , in a few weeks time .

Have a nice and restful weekend !