We started by talking about the material I would like you to bring to class , then we started with the way I intend to work and then some practical information such as email addresses , this blog and cell phone numbers in case of emergencies ONLY !
We then started on a general getting to know class regulations and expectations exercise in order to see how you feel about your English lessons and this year in general . Don't worrry , I know some of you are panicking already ! Just follow my advice , review all lessons before coming to class , be ready and YES 'variety is the spice of life ' as Shakespeare said so play on !!!!
I asked you to write 100 words on the importance of English for you for September 15 th , so YOUR OPINION please and to prepare for the assessment of the summer work for September 12 th , namely a) Go to see a film in English , with or without subtitles .
b) Read the short story entitled 'The Lady or the Tiger ' by Frank Stockton which you can find at
">Linkhttp://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/LadyTige.shtml
or type the name in the Google bar
c) Listen to the podcast ' A Gruesome Discovery ' at
">Linkhttp://www.listen-to-english.com/podcast.php?com=1&id=382
Have a nice weekend !