Week 9 Monday , Nov 10th to Saturday , Nov 15th

This week , after our initial recap , we corrected the background information about the Jim Crow laws , Ku Klux Klan and other segregation problems in the deep South of the USA before listening to the song by Billie Holiday entitled Strange Fruits . As some of you said , it sounded so sad , painful and almost disgusting .
We then explained the lyrics and I asked you to be ready to talk about it and give your opinion for next Monday 17th .

On Thursday you had your test on the previous sequence , the Elections in the USA .

In our group lesson on Friday Elisabeth worked with group A around the racial problems in the States whilst I started taking about the instructions you couid find on your exam papers and the written expression . I asked yopu to complete an exercise around linkwords for the next group lesson .

Have a nice weekend .