Welcome back to school after your summer holidays which I hope were very fruitful and relaxing for you all .
We started by passing around practical information about your ' A' level in English as well as typical essay subjects .
Then I reminded you of how we were going to work and we began immediately on the ' What is expected of an Upper Sixth Former ' document in order to review certain necessary structures and make clear to ourselves why we are here !
Of course you have to learn all this stuff for the next lesson and complete to no 4 at least .
I drew your attention to the summer assignments and reminded you that you would have an assessment next Monday , September 15 th . You had to watch a film in English , with or without the subtitles , you were asked to read a short story entitled The Lady or the Tiger by Frank Stockton which you can find by typing the title in the Google bar , and last but not least you were requested to listen to a podcast A Gruesome Discovery , which is to be found on Listen to English by Peter Carter . I gave this work to you , if you remember last July when you brought your books back before the summer holidays so there is no good excuse for not having prepared it !!!!!
I hope you have started to settle back into school and will have as much pleasure working with me as I hope and am sure I will have guiding you through this very important year for you .
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions .