So , welcome to this attempt at helping you find the films we asked you to view . I have discovered myself that it is not easy to find all the movies so I've tried to pull together as many trailers as possible so as to give you some ideas in general . All I did was log into You Tube and print out the titles . If I can do it , you can and much more !!!
Let's start with the first on the list , GOODBYE BAFANA
This movie , as you are already aware , is about Nelson Mandela and his prison warden . A rather different way but interesting nonetheless , of recording the racial , Apartheid problems in South Africa up to the beginning of the Rainbow nation .
The second movie on the list is LORD of WAR with Nicolas Cage . It talks about the arms trade , the corruption and money that goes with it .
in
As for Dr STRANGELOVE ( 1964 ) that satirical black comedy inspired by Peter George's novel Red Alert( 1958 ) in which General Jack Ripper says ' I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration , Communist indoctrination , Communist subversion and international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids ' is definitely a must . Here are two scenes which I find rather funny . You can view all of the film on You Tube .
Well the fourth and fifth items on the list are movies by Michael Moore , one of the rare Americans who can and does criticise the U.S society . ROGER and ME and FAHRENHEIT 9/11 are only two examples of his numerous social commentaries . Once you've seen them and if you are captivated by his style don't hesitate to try more ! You'll not regret it .
Here is an extract from Roger and Me to wet your appetite.
The last section but by far the leastis on the Vietnam war . There are some very good movies including Rambo about this period . Choose a couple and see what you think . My personal favourites are GOOD MORNING VIETNAM and APOCALYPSE NOW . What about you ?
Have a look at this live radio programme and enjoy !
I will leave you the task of finding more out about the others . Try once again my good helper Y........ T.......... ! You'll get a lot of help there .
I hope this summary of sorts is of use to you and that you'll make the most of the net to find other visual as well as written documents about these masterpieces . Don't forget to think of how the movies reflect their time . It really shouldn't be too hard after all my guidance .