
I don't think it would be right not to talk about the American President's latest visit to France . All of the last few days have been rather spectacular of course but what I am most interested in here is his visit to Colleville and the D-day memorial ceremony .
For those of you who went to England with us you must have recognised quite a lot of things if you watched the ceremony on tv . I, myself, was able to comment to those around me and add bits and pieces of extra information as the programme progressed .
Anyway you should watch the following video and draw your own conclusions as to the popularity of the respective heads of State . I wonder why ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqAEKK8gq4
Then take a look at a part of President Obama's speech and feel what the troopers must have experienced arriving on the beaches of Normandy, Omaha , Juno ...... Even if the British Prime Minister , Gordon Brown , made a mistake with the names we won't be so stupid !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRDZ38mdCkQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCDNHZX6xgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guYsufYyQ40
For those of you who went to England with us you must have recognised quite a lot of things if you watched the ceremony on tv . I, myself, was able to comment to those around me and add bits and pieces of extra information as the programme progressed .
Anyway you should watch the following video and draw your own conclusions as to the popularity of the respective heads of State . I wonder why ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqAEKK8gq4
Then take a look at a part of President Obama's speech and feel what the troopers must have experienced arriving on the beaches of Normandy, Omaha , Juno ...... Even if the British Prime Minister , Gordon Brown , made a mistake with the names we won't be so stupid !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRDZ38mdCkQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCDNHZX6xgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guYsufYyQ40
